Biomed shift takeover phone conference
Date: June 9th 2014, by phone
- Patrick Guterl (CNRS IPHC)
- Franck Michel (CNRS I3S)
Next conference: June 16th 2014, 10h00.
Remind about best practices:
- Start by following up on open tickets and verifying solved tickets, before submitting new ones.
- Before submitting a ticket verify that:
- Another ticket does not already exist for the same problem
- The resource is not in downtime and is in production status ⇒ you can use the brand new VAPOR portal to do so
- The alarm can be reproduced manually
- For CEs: ignore the alarms in the cases described here.
Solved several old tickets and updates several VO support tickets.
Tackled several long-lasting alarms on Nagios ⇒ several on going tickets (eg. 105771).
Started to check dark data management in VAPOR and submit tickets for SEs that do not support gsiftp as expected:
- VN-IRI site is not available but not downtime is declared. See tickets:
- SE se01.dur.scotgrid.ac.uk does no longer support biomed but published support for oldbiomed ⇒ due to tools searching for “biomed”, it is monitored by Nagios (ticket https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=103051), and VAPOR shows it too.
- Nagios keeps monitoring some resources that no longer support the VO. Investigation going on at GRIF.