Biomed shift takeover phone conference
Date: Sept. 29th 2014
- Arad Alper (IsraGrid)
- Franck Michel (CNRS I3S)
- Jerome Pansanel (CNRS IPHC)
Next conference: Sep. 29th 2014, 10h00.
Arad Alper starts managing the organisation of shifts schedule and take over conferences. Thank you Arad for your help!
CVMFS (Cern Virtual Machine File System):
During the last months, Sorina (CNRS Creatis) has stared making lobbying with sites supporting CVMFS, asking them to enable biomed, this is ok on 21 sites now. We now continue this action and ask biomed shifters to take part to it. <u>Please from now on do follow up on CVMFS tickets</u>.
A new section about CVMFS helps you test the support of CVMFS for biomed.
Remind about best practices:
- Start by following up on open tickets and verifying solved tickets, before submitting new ones.
- Before submitting a ticket verify that:
- Another ticket does not already exist for the same problem
- The resource is not in downtime and is in production status ⇒ you can use the brand new VAPOR portal to do so
- The alarm can be reproduced manually
- For CEs: ignore the alarms in the cases described here.
One critical issue with Nagios: most CEs are shown in Critical Alarm, with message
“Problems with proxyfile /etc/nagios/globus/userproxy.pem-biomed: The proxy has EXPIRED”.
Although the Nagios proxy certificate is still valid. Urgent ticket 108865 submitted to site GRIF (which maintains our Nagios box).
No other particular issue this week.