Biomed shift takeover phone conference
Date: Nov. 24th 2014
- Arad Alper (IsraGrid)
- Franck Michel (I3S)
- Akos Szlavecz (BME-IIT)
Next conference: Dec. 1st 2014, 10h00.
CVMFS: A section was added in the 'best practices' for CVMFS
CYFRONET-LCG2: The Polish site, according to national law, can support only VOs that have Polish members in them. It seems there are no Polish Biomed members at the moment, so Biomed might lose this site. We are still waiting for their reply on the subject
Sampa: Site SAMPA has decided not to support biomed anymore
Nagios: The Nagios box is still providing incorrect data
Remind about best practices:
- Start by following up on open tickets and verifying solved tickets, before submitting new ones.
- Before submitting a ticket verify that:
- Another ticket does not already exist for the same problem
- The resource is not in downtime and is in production status ⇒ you can use the brand new VAPOR portal to do so
- The alarm can be reproduced manually
- For CEs: ignore the alarms in the cases described here.
- Two tickets were opened, both about SEs: #110208 & #110209. The latter already solved
- Several old tickets solved or closed
- Due to workload, Franck did not check CEs
- Still no reply from CYFRONET about the existence of Polish Biomed members, and whether they want to keep supporting Biomed
- Franck spent some time checking the CVMFS. We now have 44 sites supporting CVMFS for Biomed, which altogether have more than 100 CEs. That's enough to start working with it. The problem is how to know which site supports CVMFS. Franck is still working on it, to find a solution that will require just adding a tag in the jdl files.
- Franck checked the problem with the Nagios. The GRIF person working on it is swamped with work and couldn't attend to it. They decided to have a weekly meeting (with Franck) to work on it.