Biomed shift takeover phone conference
Date: Nov. 24th 2014
- Arad Alper (IsraGrid)
- Tristan Glatard (CREATIS)
Next conference: Dec. 31st 2014, 10h00.
Bug in CE: There is a bug that causes some CEs to give the alarm:
- Transfer to CREAM failed due to exception: CREAM Register returned error “MethodName=[jobRegister] Timestamp=[Tue|09 Dec 2014 16:24:28] ErrorCode= Description=[system|error] FaultCause=[real|1.000000000000000E+07 in string context]”
The fix will be released by the end of January. In the meantime, all tickets that deal with it are on hold and the alarm is to be ignored.
CYFRONET-LCG2: The Polish site, according to national law, can support only VOs that have Polish members in them. It seems there are no Polish Biomed members at the moment, so Biomed might lose this site. We are still waiting for their reply on the subject
Sampa: Site SAMPA has decided not to support biomed anymore
Nagios: The Nagios box is still providing incorrect data
Remind about best practices:
- Start by following up on open tickets and verifying solved tickets, before submitting new ones.
- Before submitting a ticket verify that:
- Another ticket does not already exist for the same problem
- The resource is not in downtime and is in production status ⇒ you can use the brand new VAPOR portal to do so
- The alarm can be reproduced manually
- For CEs: ignore the alarms in the cases described here.
- One ticket opened: #111074 (about faulty SE). Already solved and verified.
- The problems with the INFN-PISA SEs are due to the SE being full due to Biomed users. An email was sent asking them to remove their file.