Biomed Support Team
Welcome to the Biomed support team wiki pages. These pages are dedicated to the Biomed technical support team. They provide organisational information as to duty shifts, and technical information about common support tasks as well as best practices.
- Feb. 2016: former Wiki migrated to this instance under DokuWiki due to JamWiki being deprecated.
Daily Tasks and Best Practices
See this wiki page.
Mailing list: biomed-technical-support [no spam-AT] googlegroups [no spam-DOT] com
The participants are listed in the order of the shifts:
- CNRS-I3S, FR (Franck Michel)
- CNRS-Creatis, FR (Sorina Pop, backup: Tristan Glatard)
- CNRS-IPHC, FR (Patrick Guterl)
- BME-IIT, HU (Ákos Szlavecz, backup: Gábor Hesz)
Backup (teams no longer heavy users, but wishing to remain as backup):
- CNRS-LPC, FR (Paul de Vlieger)
- CNRS-ISC-PIF, FR (Romain Reuillon)
- INFN-BA, Libi, Bari, IT (Giacinto Donvito)
Past (teams that contributed in the past, but had to leave us)
- IsraGrid (Arad Alper)
- UPV, ES (Abel Antonio Carrión)
- IFI - Institut de la Francophonie pour l'Informatique, VN (Bui The Quang)
|Start date||End date||Team on duty|
|24-04-2017||28-04-2017||CREATIS On duty|
See the past schedule.
Minutes of the shift take-over conferences.
Status of biomed Resources
Resources Supporting the VO
List and details of all resources that currently support the biomed VO on VAPOR: supporting resources
Unavailable & Faulty Resources
Resources that are currently unavailable on VAPOR: http://erebe-vm2.i3s.unice.fr/web/app.php/vapor-voResourcesNotInProduction?vo=biomed.
This list is consolidated from 2 sources:
- the GOCDB provides status downtime, not in production and not monitored, as well as site uncertified,
- the BDII provides status draining, closed, unknown….
Decommissioned resources & decommissioning procedure
When a SE is to planned for decommissioning, launch the specific SE decommissioning procedure.
The following monitoring tools are currently under development / being tested. They could be used to give information on the VO status but they can't be assumed 100% reliable now. In any case problems should be reproduced manually before a GGUS ticket is submitted.
- VO Support Tools: collection of CLI tools, some of them are integrated into VAPOR.
- VAPOR provides several operations features related to the monitoring of computing and storage resources. It is complementary of Nagios.
- VO Admin Dashboard: this portal provides an integrated view over several other portals based on the selected VO. Integrated portals: Ops Portal, CIC, GGUS, GStat, GOCDB, VOMS Admin, Apps DB, RT. Still under development, later on Nagios should be included into that view.
Make sure the
lcg-infositestool that is used to query the BDII has version > 2.6.9, that comes with gLite 3.2.
rpm -qa | grep infosites
For Biomed it is advised to refer to the top BDII in IN2P3
The script below may help you detect inconsistencies between top BDIIs:
#!/bin/bash # This script compares the list of BIOMED SEs returned by 2 top BDIIs: CERN and IN2P3 lcg-infosites --vo biomed --is cclcgtopbdii02.in2p3.fr se | cut -f2 | sort > /tmp/list_se_bdi_in2p3 lcg-infosites --vo biomed --is lcg-bdii.cern.ch se | cut -f2 | sort > /tmp/list_se_bdi_cern diff /tmp/list_se_bdi_in2p3 /tmp/list_se_bdi_cern</tt>
Team Coordination and VO Administration
This section is intended to guide VO administrators in the usual team coordination and administration tasks: