Biomed shift takeover phone conference
Date: Oct. 6th 2014
- Arad Alper (IsraGrid)
- Franck Michel (CNRS I3S)
- Akos Szlavecz (BME-IIT)
Next conference: Oct. 13th 2014, 10h00.
Arad Alper managed the conference, and will do so from now on.
CVMFS: A section was added in the 'best practices' for CVMFS
Remind about best practices:
- Start by following up on open tickets and verifying solved tickets, before submitting new ones.
- Before submitting a ticket verify that:
- Another ticket does not already exist for the same problem
- The resource is not in downtime and is in production status ⇒ you can use the brand new VAPOR portal to do so
- The alarm can be reproduced manually
- For CEs: ignore the alarms in the cases described here.
- The Nagios problem with the CEs (many of them suddenly showing the alarm “Problems with proxyfile” all at once) was fixed after a talk with GRIF. After that, Franck could attend to the actual alarms. Still, on the morning of the call (Oct. 6th) there seems to have been another instance of multiple alarms all at once. Should be checked.
- Ticket #108588: the SE is full because of one user. He did not reply even after being threatened the files would be removed by end of week. Akos should see to it that the files are removed.
- Ticket #108737: CVMFS ticket which the site claims to have handled. Not tested because the site is in downtime. Should be retested once downtime is over.
- Ticket #108940: a problem which is not understood yet.
- Ticket #108933: test fails because the Default SE is defined incorrectly.
- Ticket #106716: Full SE ticket. Franck needs to do another cleanup.
- Quang from IFI has problems with the site and may need us to give him access to a UI in order to do his shift next week. Franck and Arad will check if they can arrange it on their sites.